Zionist lawyers demand prosecution for Israel Prom protesters

According to the unashamedly Zionist weekly Jewish Chronicle,  “a new pro-Israel lawyers group has written to the Metropolitan Police calling for the prosecution of protesters who disrupted a concert by the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra in London last September.

“Jonathan Turner, chairman of UK Lawyers for Israel, set up last year, urged the Met’s Commissioner, Bernard Hogan-Howe, to ask the Crown Prosecution Service to act before the March 1 deadline on mounting a prosecution,” the JC said.

The protest, by more than 30 campaigners  supporting the Palestinian call for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, resulted in the BBC halting a radio broadcast from the Promenade concert series in the Royal Albert Hall for the first time ever.

As key participants in the action last autumn,  several members of Jews for Boycotting Israeli Goods  will be waiting with bated breath for their summonses to drop onto the doormat.

“What an opportunity to advocate publicly for the boycott of cultural institutions linked to the Israeli state,” said J-BIG secretary Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi, one of 13 protesters who sang an Ode to Boycott during the first piece on the orchestra’s programme.

“Our action was peaceful and actually rather tasteful. If Mr Turner wants to complain about ‘a threatening atmosphere’  he should turn his attention to the members of the audience responsible for prolonged booing, shouts of ‘Out, out, out’ and physical attacks on some protesters.”

Advertisements

Comments are closed.